Re: Oracle 8.1.6 and windows 2000

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 22:56:03 -0800

herve SABIAUX wrote:

> database number of connexions hang with an error TNS-00510 cpu /memory
> and I/O are corrects
> is there any paramaters to modify ? any idea

I have a very clear idea that I have no idea what your problem is. 8.1.6 is unsupported and obsolete. You didn't post hardware, operating system, any reason for us to know that your assumptions about cpu, memory, and I/O are correct, or any information about sqlnet.ora, tnsnames.ora, listener.ora, or anything else of use.

My suggestion ...

  1. go to metalink and look up the error.
  2. upgrade to a supported version
  3. at the very minimum patch up to 8.1.6.2 or above.
--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu