Re: Developers version of Oracle for Windows XP professional.

From: Thomas T <T_at_T>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:45:55 -0500

"Naran Hirani" <N.Hirani_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:bvtkd0$oe4$1_at_niobium.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk...

> Sorry about that. I was trying to install version 9i
> and part way through the installation I kept getting the message:
> "OCI.dll" not found.
>
> The installation software seemed to suggest that trying to re-install
> may resolve this problem. So, I tried that a few times without any
> success. Then I thought perhaps I have the wrong version or something.
>
> If all else fails may be should try 8.1.7 Personal as this seems to work
> for Al Reid.
>
> Cheers.
> Naran

Have you tried adding the orahome\bin (ex: C:\oracle\ora92\bin) directory to the computer's path? Do it under the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab/Environment button's Path variable; add that to the front of your pathname. Separate it from the other pathnames with a semicolon, no spaces in between...

-Thomas Received on Fri Feb 06 2004 - 12:45:55 CST