Re: yipeee!

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2004 15:11:47 -0800

pagesflames_at_usa.net (Dusan Bolek) wrote in message news:<1e8276d6.0402050207.5dfde5c9_at_posting.google.com>...
> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1075948868.103447_at_yasure>...

> That's true, but for me real performance measurement should be done
> while everything is working. According to my experiences If you have
> proper enteprise environment outages are almost NULL and during short
> period, when you are dealing with some problem, lower performance is
> usually acceptable by business users.
> On the other hand I apriori distrust *any* benchmarks, because for me
> they're just marketing (read lies).

I guess there's no such thing as a proper enterprise environment. One of my favorite personal war stories is the electrician who reached in and turned off the UPS for Superdome, numerous HP's, etc.

Benchmarks are ok since they state their parameters. We all know how to tell when a marketing person is lying...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/fri/business/news_1b6madcatz.html