finding free space below the high watermark

From: Brian Anderson <anderb_at_iname.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2004 13:41:09 -0800

I have a system with 2 tables, a document and a document detail table. Each row in the document table many have as many as serveral thousand corresponding rows in the document detail table. At one point we had some many child rows that we moved those rows to another database.

We have gone through a data cleanup project and we have removed 120 million rows from the child table, I am trying to find a way to calculate how much free space I have below the high water mark so the I can move those archived rows back into the main database. However, I can't not found a way to see how much space is available under the highwater mark. The database must have a way to know where new data can be put. I can work with blocks or Extents I just need a way to get the information. Does anyone know of a way to get this information from a locally managed tablespace. The is only one table in this tablespace so a way to find out how much unused space is in a given table will work too.

Brian Received on Fri Feb 06 2004 - 15:41:09 CST