Re: Usual meaning of "size" of a database

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 20:51:05 +1100

"Rick Denoire" <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message news:2eg520h49jks8re0uc4dt7f9b4t51q22t0_at_4ax.com...

> So what is the usual method to report the size of a database,
> according to your experience?

Varies enormously. If someone asks for the "data" size, I add up table size.

If it is schema size, I add all used space in data + index.

If it is total db space usage I add up all data file sizes, including redo, undo, temp, etc.

But that's me. I've seen guys running DB2 environments who added the db size AND the backup sizes. To make their dbs look larger. Somehow, it reminded me of socks...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto