Re: oradim

From: Chuck <chuckh_nospam_at_softhome.net>
Date: 5 Feb 2004 19:30:46 GMT

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in news:1075997381.189583_at_yasure:

> Chuck wrote:
>

>> Been there, read that. There is nothing in this manual (or any other
>> Oracle manual that I've found) that explains how to get oradim to
>> specify which oracle home to use to start an instance with. Keep in
>> mind that the goal here is to have two services, each starting an
>> instance using a different oracle home (i.e. a different set of
>> executables), each at a different patch level of 8.1.7.4.

> With oradim you specify the PFILE ... the init.ora. You also have
> values for ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID set in the environment.
>
> That is all the information required.

That is all the information that is required *if* there is only one instance. I am trying to create two services that start two instances automatically, but each using a different home. I want these two instances to start up whenever the server is rebooted. From what I am reading, it does not appear that oradim can handle that on it's own.

In essence I want to be able to the same thing on Windows that dbstart does on Unix - the ability to specify for each instance, what home to use when it starts up.

--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email