Re: Changing Server Time with Instance running 9.2.0.4

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:45:03 GMT

"Tom" <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com> wrote in message news:1075992998.31292.0_at_nnrp-t71-01.news.uk.clara.net...
> Hi,
>
> 9.2.0.4 on Linux
>
> I have just noticed that the time on this box is an hour behind and so i'm
instlling an ntp client.
> I'm wondering what will happen to the DB if i sync the time to 1 hour
previous without the instance being shut down.
> Will things go horribly wrong and it be best to leave it or should Oracle
cope OK with a system time change?

> thanks
>
> Tom

Oracle does not rely on the time to do its work. For example, daylight savings time doesn't affect it. So unless you have something in the application that relies on sysdate and the time not jumping around you should be fine.
Jim Received on Thu Feb 05 2004 - 09:45:03 CST