Re: no option of "generate database creation script"

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:22:04 GMT

It depends on which options you select. On page 2 of 8, select New Database, which has Include Datafiles? = No. Then, when you get to page 8 or 8, you will be prompted with a checkbox to save your database creation scripts. If you select any of the other 3 options on page 2 of 8, then you won't get the checkbox on page 8 of 8.

HTH,
Brian

Vu Pham wrote:

> I am new on Oracle, and 've just installed 9i for practice ( on Solaris and
> W2k ). I run dbca - on both platforms - , but can not find the option
> "Generate database creation scripts" as the Administrator's Guide says.
>
> I am sure I 've missed something somewhere but I could not find it.
>
> Could you please let me know how I can generate those scripts ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vu

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com