Re: Is there a Database event that occurs when a row is inserted/updated in a table?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2004 07:05:29 -0800

sunil_at_volcanomail.com (Jack Wright) wrote in message news:<8f556eeb.0402042309.3bcd87bd_at_posting.google.com>...
> Dear All,
> We have developed an client-server application that uses Oracle 8i
> as a backend. All our tables have a field <CheckID> that needs to have
> a value on insert/update. Is there a database event that can track
> which in table a row is being inserted and appened <checkID> to it. I
> do not want to write a trigger for every table.
>
> Please help
>
> TALIA
> Many Regards
> Jack

NO, you will have to either have to place before insert/update triggers on the tables or provide the value from the application. It would seem to me that writing a piece of code that will generate a trigger for every table you want to apply this rule to would be the approach you want to take.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Feb 05 2004 - 09:05:29 CST