Re: Developers version of Oracle for Windows XP professional.

From: Al Reid <areidjr_at_nospamhotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:46:47 -0500

"Naran Hirani" <N.Hirani_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:bvth6f$n9s$1_at_niobium.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk...
> Hi Guys,
>
> I downloaded a developers version of Oracle from the website and it did
> not seem to install correctly. Has anybody else had success in
> installing on the above platform?

I currently have 8.1.7 Personal installed on Win XP Pro. Had no problems at all. However, when I installed the Client Tools on a couple of new XP Home systems, I had to download and install the Java development environment before I could get the install to run. There may be a way to install just the JAVA runtimes, though. I think this has something to do with the MS/Sun lawsuites.