Re: yipeee!

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:56:54 -0000

"Brian Peasland" <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote in message news:40212712.28A2E2F6_at_remove_spam.peasland.com...
> Anton,
>
> Please answer Niall's questions to back up your statements:
>
> "Would be a lot easier to migrate to DB2 AIX than to O.
> Also DB2 has a much better parallel (shared nothing) architecture."
>
> There have been a number of IBM employees who have participated in this
> forum for many years. And I welcome them. However, when you make blanket
> statements, please be prepared to back them up. Otherwise, you lose any
> semblance of credibility.

Hi Brian

I did note the omission of support for the original statements, but do welcome the suggestion that IBM supplies technology that will fail over with zero data loss and no application restart on AIX. If nothing else it might make negotiation with Oracle sales on RAC pricing easier for AIX customers.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA