Re: Storing oracle procedures on server from inside.

From: Haximus <14356256546_at_spam.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 18:30:15 GMT

> > "Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Haximus" <14356256546_at_spam.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > > I've been told that there is one definitive list of all newsgroups
created
> > by the proper voting
> > > process.
> > > Some groups, like the postgres group are "illegal" in that sense. I
> > suspect comp.databases.oracle
> > > belongs to those.
> > > It also isn't carried by groups.google.com.
> >
> > There is no newsgroup authority or definitive list. Anyone can start
one.
> > All one needs to do is convince other providers to carry it.
> Of course, technically, you may create a group, even with a failed votte,
but
> nevertheless, that creates illegal groups. Have a look at the faq in
news.groups
> if you want to know more.
> There *is* a list of all non-illegal groups, at least for the groups comp,
humanities,
> misc, news, rec, sci, soc and talk.
> So, while there might be an alt.database.oracle tomorrow, there is no
legal
> comp.databases.oracle.

It is not illegal, just obsolete. comp.databases.oracle was the original "catch all" for the c.d.o.* groups and a place to post topics that did not apply to specific subgroups. It was renamed comp.databases.oracle.misc, though it looks like the original group is still being propagated. There is no such thing as an illegal group, just groups that contain illegal content. Received on Wed Feb 04 2004 - 12:30:15 CST