ORA-OleDB doesnīt read floats

From: Christoph Hilmes <hilmes_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:04:55 +0100

Hello,

i hope somebody here has an advice for us. We have the following problem: We connect to an Oracle-Server (Version 8.05) from a Visual Basic Application
(VB 6) using ADO 2.8 and the original Oracle OLEDB-Provider (oraoledb),
Version 8.1.7. In the database there is a field of the type "float" and if we write a number (for example 212.12) into this field, it is stored correctly (we can verify this by an SQL-Select that we send directly to the database). BUT when we load an ADO-Recordset using the OLEDB-Provider to provide the SQL-String to the database, the recordset-field is filled with 212. Everything behind the decimal point is cut off. Why? We were formerly using the Microsoft OLEDB-Provider for Oracle and didnīt have this problem
(but others and thatīs why we want to change).

Is this a known problem? Has anybody encountered the same problem and knows what to do?

Thanks for any help
Christoph Received on Wed Feb 04 2004 - 12:04:55 CST