yipeee!

From: Mike <mikee_at_mikee.ath.cx>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:32:59 -0000

Just recieved a 'thought experiment' assignment from my boss. Does it make sense, and how would it be accomplised, to move the databases from the mainframe (small VSE 390?) to AIX? I mentioned that we should then look at possible programs from IBM to convert the mainframe database (VSAM?) files into DB2/AIX, or Oracle databases. And that I thought Oracle had some facility such that we could cluster and load-balance two+ nodes running something like Parallel Oracle so that should a node need booting or modifying off-line the application is still running (at reduced capacity) for the users.

Thoughts?

Mike Received on Wed Feb 04 2004 - 08:32:59 CST