Re: password encryption during password change

From: Joe <nospam_at_joekaz.net>
Date: 4 Feb 2004 05:03:48 -0800

Thanks everyone, I guess there are some options, but no simple ones.

I'm just trying to stay 1 step ahead of our auditors who are concerned about passwords going over the network in clear text. We replaced telnet and ftp with ssh, sftp, scp. But it occurred to me that in a large organization, quite a few password changes happen every day. I'll keep exploring my options, and see if I can find a solution before the auditors think of asking the question...

--
Joe
http://www.cafeshops.com/joekaz