Re: 10g docco, esp. license docco

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2004 22:45:14 -0800

Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40202C7D.2270F7F1_at_yahoo.net>...
> The 10g database server documentation is now available at
> http://docs.oracle.com
>
> Of particular interest is the new Licensing document which outlines what
> editions are available, what is included and how each is licensed.
> It's available at
> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B12037_01/license.101/b13552.pdf
>
> Congrats to Oracle for finally publishing this!! Now we can redirect
> the questions about licensing.
>
> /Hans
> [posted in case someone actually searches archives ;-} )

simplfied licensing?
Brilliant!

RAC included with Standard Edition?
Brilliant!
(uh oh, If its priced to move, I'll actually have to learn this).

no change in the Enterprise Edition licensing? guess that's all about the contract negotiation or site license agreement.

thanks for the link.

Pd Received on Wed Feb 04 2004 - 00:45:14 CST