UPDATE THE COLUMN

From: David <dt_146_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 3 Feb 2004 19:59:24 -0800

Hi Every One,

I want to update the &#8220;Target_Parameter&#8221; column of table
&#8220;Parameters&#8221;.

With regards to that I am using the following query to insert the information of datafiles:

'insert into parameters(Parameter_ID,Description,Source_Parameter, Target_Parameter)
select 19,''DataFile Paths'',file_name,null from dba_data_

Following is the Table structure:

Create table Parameters(Parameter_ID number,Description varchar2(50), Source_Parameter varchar2(400),Target_Parameter varchar2(400));

I will use something like the following query to update the
&#8220;target_parameter&#8221; column or may be use cursor in order to
get the desired results:

Query:

accept trg_prm prompt 'Enter the value of datafiles for the Target Parameter Column: '

begin

update parameters set TARGET_PARAMETER = '&&trg_prm' where DESCRIPTION='DataFile Paths';

end;
/

Could some one give me suggestion that what changes I will made in the update query in order to enter the value of datafiles in the
&#8220;target_parameter&#8221; column?

I want that on run time the query prompts for each datafile and after seeing the datafiles in the &#8220;source_parameter&#8221; column on run time, I give the value to the &#8220;target_parameter&#8221; column for datafiles.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

DAVID Received on Tue Feb 03 2004 - 21:59:24 CST