Oracle privileges and Crystal Reports

From: kris p <kplasun_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2004 16:39:26 -0800

Hello everybody,

I'm having trouble running some Crystal 8.5 reports that were created in and work with Oracle 8. The reports are printed from an application through the Oracle 8.1.77 ODBC driver and work intermittently. In the Crystal Reports designer they always work.

Someone has told me that the privileges of the database that the reports were created in could affect whether the reports print or not in that a report could reach for data outside the user's schema/space/whatever and get data from a table of the same name, and would fail if the structure does not match the report's, if the report/database user has privileges that allow table access outside the user's schema/space/whatever. Any truth in that? The report itself is fine and I get the 0x80047602 error from Crystal, 'field not found'.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kristoff plasun Received on Mon Feb 02 2004 - 18:39:26 CST