Re: Physical layout of a DB in RAC environment

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2004 14:48:10 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1075751391.651822_at_yasure>...
> Telemachus wrote:
>
> > NFS Mounts internally ?
>
> Meaning ... at Oracle itself.

I would be very suspicious of a conclusion that results from "well, the vendor does it." They might have more resources to deal any problems than, say, just me all by myself, as well as management that takes a benign view of the expected amount of difficulties with software and hardware.

And personally, I've seen NFS silently screw up plain old datafile copies. There seems to be some point near saturation that things go bad, without actually admitting things are bad. TCP, even. Your mileage on bald tires in an ice-storm may vary.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"If you look at the Bible, about half of the people Jesus chose to be