Re: DBLINK between Oracle 7 and Oracle 9

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:44:09 GMT

The Oracle 7 database and the Oracle 9i database uses different network stacks. Connecting to an Oracle 7 database from Oracle 9i software (db link, etc) has been full of difficulties. Can you upgrade the Oracle 7 database to a much newer, and supported version? Otherwise, I know others who have gotten the whole thing to work by using an Oracle 8 database in the middle. Ugly, but it has worked.

HTH,
Brian

Abe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to acces data on an Ora 7 DB from an Ora 9 DB. Using
> Enterprise manager I've created a db link which should provide this
> functionality. However, when I try to test it I get and error message
> "The Database link is not active". Can anyone assist.
>
> Thanks
> Abe

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com