Re: Physical layout of a DB in RAC environment

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:04:56 GMT

I'm not so sure that I want John working at my site. Seems to be a bad luck charm..... ;)

> There have been 3 times in my career when I have been
> glad for offsite backups. Once the computer room floor collapsed, another
> time there was a breakin and several servers were stolen and another time
> they tried to steal from the server room by ram raiding it causing extensive
> damage.

I can understand that a computer room floor collapsing can cause damage to your backup tapes, provided that they were involved in the catastrophe. But if someone stole servers or caused physical damage to the servers, how did that preclude your use of the onsite backups?

Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"