Re: Problem with Pro*C on Oracle 8i v 8.1.6 running on Linux 6.0 v2.2

From: Domenico Vasile <vasile_at_pitagora.it>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:56:59 +0100

In article <hZ6dnZMwYsAPdobd4p2dnA_at_comcast.com>, jameslori1815 @comcast.net says...
> The problem: When I run the make -f demo_proc.mk sample1 command on the
> linux command line to precompile, link, and build the sample1.pc source that
> comes with pro*c, I get error messages stating that it cannot open the
> standard C include files. The path to the include files, "/usr/include", is
> in the Include= directives in the pcscfg.cfg config file. The permissions on
> those directories and files are read access to group and world so anyone
> should be able to read those include files. I have the correct version of
> make, gcc, glibc for this version of Pro*C.
> Can anyone help me with this problem? I have searched the Oracle
> Documentation and the forums and cannot find where anyone has had this
> problem in the past.
> Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

You must specify the location of the system header files with the SYS_INCLUDE option either on the command line or in the pcscfg.cfg file. The search path you provide overrides the default header location so you must include "/usr/include" first in the path list. HTH
--Domenico Received on Mon Feb 02 2004 - 04:56:59 CST