Re: Physical layout of a DB in RAC environment

From: John Gardner <jgardner100_at_REMOVE.hotmail.com>
Date: 02 Feb 2004 10:37:28 GMT

In message <1075443006.598594_at_yasure>, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

> I've also come to the point where I think backing up to tape is a
> ridiculous waste of time and money. These days you can back up to hard
> disks far faster and for the same money. Fill a disk, pop it out,
> replace it with another. Recycle hard disks not tape.

Yes, and don`t you look SO clever when there is a real disaster (i.e. the building catches fire.) There have been 3 times in my career when I have been glad for offsite backups. Once the computer room floor collapsed, another time there was a breakin and several servers were stolen and another time they tried to steal from the server room by ram raiding it causing extensive damage. You do tape backups and send them offsite (unless you are careless of course.)

Regards
John Gardner Received on Mon Feb 02 2004 - 04:37:28 CST