Re: Multiple installation of the same version on one machine?

From: Holger Marzen <holger_at_marzen.de>
Date: 31 Jan 2004 09:00:56 GMT

> Comments in-line.
>
> Holger Marzen wrote:
>
>>>It is completely daft and a recipe for trouble.
>>

>> I know. But the customer's developers insists in that.
>
> That doesn't mean you have to do it. Give the customer a letter to sign
> stating that you have advised them against it and that they accept full
> responsibility for any finanical or business losses caused by "their"
> decision.

But sooner or later we have to upgrade to Oracle 9 or later. Support for Oracle 8 will stop 12/2004. Then we have a similar setup if they want to run both versions. Or do you see a big difference between running 2 sets of the same version and Oracle 8 and 9 on the same machine? Received on Sat Jan 31 2004 - 03:00:56 CST