Re: oradim

From: Chuck <chuckh_nospam_at_softhome.net>
Date: 30 Jan 2004 14:03:04 GMT

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in news:gqvi10pkugl0cu4h000gkpak7fpgv1stav_at_4ax.com:

> On 29 Jan 2004 21:09:59 GMT, Chuck <chuckh_nospam_at_softhome.net> wrote:
>

>>Thanks. Oracle didn't have this scanario documented anywhere. I guess
>>they don't expect people to be running multiple instances and multiple
>>versions on the same Windows server.

> Both not true. It is possible and it is documented in the Windows
> specific documentation, which you obviously didn't read.
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Actually it is true. I did read the docs and it's not there. The 8i documentation details how to upgrade from one version to another, but nothing is mentioned about keeping two services of different 8i releases active. If you claim it's in there then I would challenge you to provide the manual and page #. The only references to oradim in the 8i docs are in 8i the Migration Guide pages 4-15, 7-16, and 13-5. No mention is ever given of multiple 8i services being active.

--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email