Re: [?] no logging mode

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:29:24 +0100

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:54:53 +0100, "gp" <gieppetto_at_tiscali.it> wrote:

>ok,
>excuse me;
>
>i have increased the log_buffer parameter because i have 'redo log space
>requests = 381'
>and i have read that the solution for this problem is to increase
>log_buffer;
>i have set nologging mode for my tablespaces to increase performance because
>i have very lot transactions;
>
>thanks.

Like other statistics, redo log space requests accumulate from the moment the database started. Redolog space requests = 381 in itself doesn't tell anything.
Actually your setting is (in my experience) *causing* problems because it will force the LGWR process to write out larger chunks. Decrease it to something sensible, like 512k, as soon as possible. The 'Nologging' setting applies to inserts in append mode only. You are extinguishing fires which aren't there, and your approach causes other fires to start.
Please try to read the Concepts manual as soon as possible.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA