Re: Warning: View created with compilation errors.

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:25:10 +0000

On 29 Jan 2004 12:36:38 -0800, marionl_at_invera.com (Marion) wrote:

>I'm trying to create some views from an AIX 5.2 64 bit Oracle 9i
>database to an AIX 4.3.3 32 bit Oracle 8.1.6 database.
>
>when I run the create view statement, I get the following:
>
>SQL> create view scrpei_rec as select * from scrpei_rec_at_rpsa;
>
>Warning: View created with compilation errors.
>
>SQL> show errors;
>No errors.
>
>If I try to delete the view, I get the message that the view does not
>exist.
>
>Any ideas??

 This is a confirmed bug in Oracle, I remember raising a TAR about it last year sometime. Supposed to be fixed in 9.2.0.5, and 10g.

 Views with errors against remote objects are not created, even with FORCE option, which is inconsistent with the behaviour of local views and the docs of the FORCE option.

--
Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> / Space: disk usage analysis tool
<http://www.andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space>