Re: Maximum number of users

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:30:49 GMT

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:W94Sb.33210$Wa.31559_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> "Ralf Zwanziger" <goldensurfer-NOSPAM_at_gmx.de> wrote in message
> > Is there a maximum number of users (created with "create user ..." in
> > the database - NOT in OID) in Oracle9i or is the max. number of users
> > only limited by system tablespace size?
> > The problem: I have to create about 8000 users (per script). OID is
> > not an option we have - the application we run is dependant on the
> > existance of database users.
> > Bye,
> > Ralf
> >

> Hi Ralf,
>
> Yes.
>
> You can't exceed 2,147,483,638 users and roles in a database.
>
> Cheers
>
> Richard

In version 7 it was 32K users. That number could be reached if you dropped and created a user. It would not reuse the user number and once you got to 32K you were toast. I don't know if the same thing happens in 8i or 9i but with the higher limit of 2 gig. I think Oracle had hit this problem in Metalink a long time ago and so they fixed it in 8i. Jim Received on Thu Jan 29 2004 - 09:30:49 CST