Re: Anybody ever used DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REGISTER_SNAPSHOT ??

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2004 00:46:45 -0800

"Anurag Varma" <avdbi_at_hotmail.com> wrote...

> Also, you normally do not need to register a
> snapshot/mview manually. It is done
> automatically .. and manual means are resorted
> to only when the automatic registration failed.
I know, and this is precisely because (although our replication flow works) the master still hasn't registered its snapshots for several days that I want to do it manually.

> The documentation does not state that mview_id and flag are
> mutually exclusive arguments.
> Not sure where you got that from.

It appears in 8.1.6 documentation, it's obviously been modified (both arguments mandatory) from the 8.1.7 version.

> Also, I've never heard of the get_reg_query_text_flag you talk
> about.

Same remark: it looks like it was available only in 8.1.5 (a search on google returns only:
http://www.csee.umbc.edu/help/oracle8/server.815/a68001/dbms_sna.htm) Received on Thu Jan 29 2004 - 02:46:45 CST