Re: Backups using storage system mirroring/splitting

From: Jurjen Oskam <joskam_at_quadpro.stupendous.org>
Date: 29 Jan 2004 07:31:57 GMT

In article <ggvf10l0e74vd6pb6t0510j48pjnua58ln_at_4ax.com>, Sybrand Bakker wrote:

>>I don't understand why applying the online redologs from system B *does*
>>work, but applying the archived logs does *not* work.

> Instead of just *hacking* your way out, and trying to be 'smart', why
> don't you just try to use documented procedures?

Because I can't *find* a documented procedure that will cover backing up from a copy generated by a storage system, other than the Oracle/EMC whitepaper "Exploiting EMC Timefinder and Oracle Recovery Manager" (http://otn.oracle.com/deploy/availability/pdf/RMAN8i_BCV.pdf). And that whitepaper leaves me with questions.

So, I'd be delighted to use documented procedures.

--
Jurjen Oskam

PGP Key available at http://www.stupendous.org/