Re: Anybody ever used DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REGISTER_SNAPSHOT ??

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:27:39 GMT

"Spendius" <spendius_at_muchomail.com> wrote in message news:aba30b75.0401280739.3c4ac47_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
> I CAN'T figure out how to use this proc. and what I have
> to put for the FLAG argument. No way.
> I read on certain pages that SNAPSHOT_ID | FLAG are 2
> mutually exclusive arguments, but this was not specified
> on other pages.
> Moreove I read about a certain 'get_reg_query_text_flag'
> function, for which I can't find any documentation anywhere,
> absolutely zilch.
>
> Version: 8.1.7.4.
> Thanks a lot...

Look in the pl/sql built in packages documentation. And look for DBMS_MVIEW package .. not dbms_snapshot. They are pretty much synonyms ... except that dbms_mview's documentation would probably be more up to date.

Also, you normally do not need to register a snapshot/mview manually. It is done automatically .. and manual means are resorted to only when the automatic registration failed.

The documentation does not state that mview_id and flag are mutually exclusive arguments. Not sure where you got that from.

Also, I've never heard of the get_reg_query_text_flag you talk about.

Anurag Received on Wed Jan 28 2004 - 20:27:39 CST