Re: Oracle training

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 07:16:47 -0800

Jeff Lane wrote:

> New oracle user wants advise from group.
> I am looking for training on ORACLE DBA.
>
> Should I select training on ORACLE 8i or 9.
>
> Any other suggestions from the group would be appreciated.

8i is now geriatric and will begin to be desupported by Oracle at year's end. Definitely 9i as 10g will likely be released within weeks. You will likely not find any decent 10g training until early summer though we will start working with 10g at the U as soon as we receive the nod of approval.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu