Oracle and SNMP

From: Michael Petereit <Michael.Petereit_at_materna.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 07:42:19 +0000

Hi,

just trying to enable SNMP on an Oracle8 Server. Read about subagent, peer process and encap process.
I configured all necessary CONFIG files, but no success. I always get a failure message. Both processes, encap and master try to connect to localhost on port 199. But there's nothing runnnig on that host on that port.

I'm at one's wits end. Any hints where to find detailed instruction how to do it ?
Or may it be better to start over with Oralce9 ?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Received on Wed Jan 28 2004 - 01:42:19 CST