enqueue wait events, locks and the meaning of id1/id2

From: Bjorn Augestad <root_at_localhost.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:23:02 +0100

Hello,

Statspack telles me that my Oracle instance (8.0.5) has lots of enqueue wait events and each event is quite costly, averaging 2200 ms.

The enqueue lock type is TX, with lock mode 6 (exclusive).

I'm trying to figure out the names of the objects locked, but cannot find any documentation on how to interpret v$lock.id1 and id2 when the lock type is TX. Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.
Bjørn Received on Tue Jan 27 2004 - 12:23:02 CST