Bad value in SPFILE. . . Database won't come up

From: Forte Agent <1443131_at_usenetplanet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:20:06 -0500

One of my database is refusing to be started on Windows 2000, complaining a parameter value in SP file is invalid. I tried to modify the parameter value using "alter system set xxxx=xxxx scope=spfile", but of course, it refuses to update it saying database is not up. So basically, I am stuck. What should I do to change this value in SPFILE so that I can open it? Thank you in advance. Received on Tue Jan 27 2004 - 05:20:06 CST