Re: Avoiding any locks in SQL Servers - read and understand....its magic.

From: Andrey <adm_at_mlm.ru>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:57:18 +0300

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1075133490.951351_at_yasure...
> Andrey wrote:
>
> > Dear VC! Though Oracle release slogan "Oracle is database for internet",
> > real nature of internet-transactions are short-and-fast, and not
> > long-and-concurrent. So, serialization in "internet database" can not
harm
> > more that Perl script, most execution time of which consists of files
locks
> > releases wait.
>
> While it is true that most, not all, internet transactions are short,
> fast, and stateless ... your statement is incorrect.

That is true, not all are. But I didn't claim that ALL internet transactions are short.
WHAT statement is incorrect? That deploying Oracle just for a counter is overkill? Or that MySQL will not work fine for page hits counter database? Please do not recommend to re-read all thread from start, I'm arguing about only particular assertion that simple Internet-forms will suffer in any way if they will not comunicate with multitasking Oracle DB. Received on Tue Jan 27 2004 - 03:57:18 CST