Re: 9iAS/10gAS infrastructure.

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:16:40 GMT

Telemachus wrote:

> RANT MODE ON
 <snipped>

> RANT MODE OFF
There are a few, well known, gotchas around 9iAS. They don't stop it from being useful, but they are incredibly irritating when trying to design yet another HA environment. And, as you've discovered, they require a significant management/administration plan.

As for the Infrastructure database, the only thing that requires the supplied database is the I/F metadata repository :Q . Everything else (SSO, OiD, etc.) can be placed in a normal 9iR2 database.

Like you, every time I look in the docco, I hope for reprieve.

/Hans Received on Mon Jan 26 2004 - 14:16:40 CST