Re: hint injection in 10g??

From: Andrey <adm_at_mlm.ru>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:54:30 +0300

"Telemachus" <Zaka_at_twibbles.99.net> wrote in message news:tB9Rb.258$rb.37615_at_news.indigo.ie...
> I had a client (I was called in on performance tuning ) (is currently )
> using RBO on RAC DB VER = 9.2 . Very snappy fast Sun boxes.
>
> Wondering why things were slow. RBO and a 64-k sort area size helped in
> slowing things down.
>
> Was it RAC ? No.
>
> Was it an existing system Pro*C or COBOL that had been upgraded ?
>
> No - there were 60 developers happily banging out code. (2 months ago)
>
> optimizer_mode=rule in the SPFILE.
>
> They won't move to CBO.

Who can tell why Oracle use hints in database dictionary? DB dictionary is relatively simple, and is supposedly subject to all innovations of oracles optimization modes. And, do not forget, developers were pleased with hints, as they force to do what is written and not to do what is guessed by software. Received on Mon Jan 26 2004 - 08:54:30 CST