Re: Dumb & Vague OCP Questions ...

From: Telemachus <Zaka_at_twibbles.99.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:34:52 -0000

It depends

a professional DBA needs to be able to know SQL*NET and its concepts in general very well to properly deploy at client sites

to know why SQL*NET works I believe it is useful to know its various layers.

One would not know the concept of layers (probably ) unless one had previously studied the existing standard models of this kind of thing such as OSI

or the 7 layer model.

It isn't just about ping, tnsping and tnsnames.ora

So I believe it's a fair question

http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.to_URL?remark=drilldown&urlname=http:%2F%2Fdownload-west.oracle.com%2Fdocs%2Fcd%2FB10501_01%2Fnetwork.920%2Fa96580%2Farchitec.htm%231040384

Telemachus