Re: Oracle Table Spanning

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:07:23 -0800

OpticTygre wrote:
> Actually, I'm not sure the solution. Hence the reason I'm checking into
> possibilities. Oracle version is 9i. And when I say millions and millions,
> I don't just mean 5 million rows per month. More like 100-150 million per
> month. Which adds up quickly.

Then you should be thinking Enterprise Edition and use partitioning. I have no idea what you are thinking when you say "table spanning" but if it isn't partitioning then you are likely chasing a bad concept.

To better understand partitioning go to: http://tahiti.oracle.com

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu