Re: Weird Backup, can it be done without resetlogs?

From: Domenic G. <domenicg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2004 17:45:33 -0800

Why are you guys doing something weird like this with fuzzy files?

You want Oracle 9i DataGuard (excellent feature) if you want to maintain a duplicate ready-to-use copy of the database. Copying files like this is only supported when the database is fully closed (as they all sync at that point). You can't do this with the redos or control files while the db is open.

I do know that if you change the db name and re-create the controlfile, you have to do a resetlogs -- why I don't know.

Dom.