-- advantage BLOB or file on file system --

From: REM <ilica.brnadic_at_zg.hinet.hr>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:30:03 +0100

I have some problems. It's dilemma between BLOB, BFILE and takes care of file on file system. What it's advantage?? I import some PDF document in BLOB filed in my database. It's about 1000 documents on day.

My first question is: if I have a PDF on file system about 100 kb and if I import this in BLOB field in database. How much it's take more recourse.

How I can measure largeness of BLOB field or how I can measure spacious of the table?

--
Thanks,

ilica

_________

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is
play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

---