JDBC thin client connection refused

From: Raghbir <raghbir_banwait_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2004 10:34:11 -0800

We have an application which connects to an Oracle server. This application runs fine for some time and suddenly starts to show problems.

The problem is that the thin client gets a connection refused error return code. The error returned is
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135295744)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

Since this works for a good amount of time and fails only under heavy load, I don;t think there could be a problem with the connection string.

My understanding is that this error is returned by the server side oracle libraries, thus this could not be a problem with the network load.

Any help would be highly appreicated. We are using Oracle 8i and classes12.zip as JDBC drivers. Received on Fri Jan 23 2004 - 12:34:11 CST