Resize TEMP tablespace datafile

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:44:47 -0000

Hi,

8.1.5
Solaris 7

Before anyone says anything yes i know the version is ancient and we are running 9.0.2.4 but this system is due for upgrading in April.

One of pur apps did something silly and caused the TEMP tablespace datafile to grow alarmingly. Its normally a couple of hundred meg but it grew to 2,5 GIG and i'd like to reduce that size. I tried to coalese the tablespace and then rezise the datafile but it seems that the high water mark is preventing me from reducing the size.

I have seen various options available such as dropping the tablespace and recreating it - If this is the option to take would i have to have the instance in restricted session? I could do without taking the instance offline but if i have to i will.

thanks for any suggestions

Tom Received on Fri Jan 23 2004 - 08:44:47 CST