Re: Import / Export

From: JM <tx_at_wol.es>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:30:59 +0100

En/na spam_at_spam.com ha escrit:

>Hi
>
>We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 with Sparc Soalris 8
>I want to export and Import a table to defrag it. The problem is
>tables has procedures and synoname depended on it. After I export and
>drop the table what happens to the synonym and procedures.
>
>How do I defrag the table without destroying the dependencies
>
>Thanks

Hi

    You can drop table without destroying dependencis.

    After dropping table, procedures gets invalids.

    After recreating table you mas recompile this procedures (and maybe) anothers depending from the first (cascade effect)

    But already you must get in account another tables that points to this one (foreing key!!)

    !!! But firsts off all, search everything referencing the table to take it in account !!

    Exists some view with it, something like DBA_DEPEDENCIES....

Tx

Regads, I hope this help you Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 12:30:59 CST