Re: Hmmm, it's starting....

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:30:52 -0800

Noons wrote:

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1074784204.280990_at_yasure...
>

>>Ok now I'm both surprised and hurt. Not once with Oracle 6, 7, 8, 8i or
>>9i was I ever invited to be a Beta site. Where's that #@%$^&%# bottle of
>>scotch? ;-)

> Single malt, please! :)

But of course.

>>That ... is unrealistic. It is hard to find a company that even believes
>>it owes its own employees a job any more.

> Doesn't invalidate the owing.

I think it does. The "expectation" was, methinks, unreasonable. Because you often come home at 6:00pm are you obligated to always come home at 6:00pm? Well your wife may think so ... but what's your opinion? ;-)

>>>since then.  Ah well irrelevant, I'm sure.
>>
>>When you are the biggest that does tend to be growth limiting unless you
>>want to play monopoly games like you know who.

> Explain that to the "constant growth" gurus of the stock market.

Easier to explain it to the people they keep taking to the cleaners.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)