9iRAC archive logs and RMAN backups

From: Jim Carter <jim.carter_at_swbell.net>
Date: 22 Jan 2004 09:06:16 -0800

I have a question concerning the archive logs in an Oracle9i RAC implementation. We need to mount the archive logs read-write on the system where the instance is running but we'd like to mount them read-only on the other RAC nodes. If we use RMAN to back up the database and archive logs does RMAN require write access to the archive logs? Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 11:06:16 CST