Re: Import / Export

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:27:55 +0100

<spam_at_spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi
>
> We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 with Sparc Soalris 8
> I want to export and Import a table to defrag it. The problem is
> tables has procedures and synoname depended on it. After I export and
> drop the table what happens to the synonym and procedures.
>
> How do I defrag the table without destroying the dependencies
>
> Thanks

Hi.

Is there a need to Ex/Import it ??
Why not just a ALTER TABLE xyz MOVE newtablespace, with proper extent sizes (initial = next) ? But the best idea today would be using LMTs (Locally managed tablespaces), that would make Your life pretty much simpler = fragmentation never more !

hth, Jan Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 08:27:55 CST