Re: Many Small Oracle Databases

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 23:12:09 -0800

cdavis10717_at_comcast.net (Charles) wrote in message news:<83dbb3cd.0401211532.543df32e_at_posting.google.com>...

> Are you creating individuals Oracle SIDs for all kinds of small
> databases for deparmental apps?

No. Never! Best recipe for a huge overhead.

> Do you have one large-ish Oracle SID that you create multiple schemas
> in for each "separate" database request that you get?

To put it simply: yes.
Slightly more complicated: rather than separating by application, I separate by function. Is it development? Goes into the development instance as a separate schema. Is it UAT? Goes into the UAT instance as a separate schema. And so on.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 01:12:09 CST