Re: Hmmm, it's starting....

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 22:58:24 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1074726364.725762_at_yasure>...

> > In the context of beta programs and opening of submissions?
> > Since WHEN is the trade press the official channel to announce that?
> > Gimme a break...
>
> Since when is any company obligated to perform any Beta at all?

Since never. That is not the issue.

> Since when is any company obligated to Beta outside its own walls?

Since never. That is not the issue.

> Since when is any company obligated to Beta outside a few chosen sites?

Since never. That is not the issue.

> Since when is any company obligated to offer Beta testing to every user?

Since a company has a history of doing so. It may surprise you, but that was the Oracle policy. Up until 10g.

> > Cynic!
> > (and realistic...)
> > :D
> >

> Cynical you may be. But realistic? Me thinks not. I don't know where
> anyone is getting this sense of entitlement that Oracle owes them
> anything beyond the license agreement. Makes you sound like an American
> if you ask me. ;-)

:D)))

Actually that was a reply to Joel, calling him a cynic. ;) Believe me, they DO owe a few people a LOT more than just the license agreement. Joel and Mladen are in that number.

Me? I'm just a dirt, bad-smelling colonial who deserves nothing. According to their marketing and some of their damagement. Never mind that while I was their employee for 2.5 years the company went from 0 to the largest db supplier in Australia. It has NEVER grown much more since then. Ah well irrelevant, I'm sure.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 00:58:24 CST